Physical Education enjoys a very high profile at Brewood and all pupils are strongly encouraged to make full use of the curricular and extra curricular opportunities available to them.
- All pupils receive 2 lessons of PE per week; lessons are either 60 minutes or 55 minutes in duration
- All PE lessons are taught be specialist PE teachers
- Year 5 receive swimming sessions in addition to PE lessons
- Please click on the PE tab in the curriculum section of the website to get an overview of the areas of study.
- Extensive, excellent quality, sports fields. 3 football pitches marked out in the winter, a 400 meter, 6 lane running track plus 4 rounders pitches in the summer together with a gravel sprinting track and long jump area.
- Hard court areas with 2 netball courts marked and a seated gazebo area overlooking them.
- Traditional school hall used for indoor PE. Excellent range of gymnastics equipment. ICT facilities with 3 screens linked up to be able to show images, video, learning outcomes etc
- High quality Dance and drama studio with sound system. This excellent additional indoor space is well used by extra curricular dance clubs, PE lessons with dance or health related fitness outcomes or for drama.
- The school is idyllically located for cross country and orienteering lessons due to the proximity of the countryside and canal tow path which get used during PE lessons and lunchtime running clubs.
- Please refer to the clubs list to see the amazing array of clubs on offer to pupils either at lunchtime or after school. These clubs change on a termly basis.
- We have a full programme of fixtures and competitions. Please read the Sports Newsletter to get a flavour of the range and amount of activities we take part in.