In recognition of our international work we have been awarded The International Schools Award - Intermediate
What is Comenius?
Comenius is one of the most popular international education programmes for UK schools funded by The British Council
The Comenius Programme is named after Jan Amos Comenius (1592-1670), often considered the father of modern education
The aims of the project are:
• to develop knowledge and understanding among young people and education staff of the diversity of European cultures and languages, and the value of this diversity
• to help young people to acquire basic life skills and competences for their personal development, for future employment and for active European citizenship
The Title of our project is: TOGETHER – sharing our cultures, sports and healthy lifestyles
We currently have 3 Comenius partner schools for our 2013 – 2015 project. They are:
• Scuola secondaria di I grado "M.R.Imbriani" in Puglia, Italy
• College Paul Langevin, in Limoges, France
• Mittelschule Katharina Peters, in Zwonitz, Germany
We have completed an application form for a new project from September 2013 – July 2015 with additional partners from Poland and Latvia.
We are nearing completio of our project and have applied for furthr funding from the Lefrevre Trust to continue and enhance the work that we do with our French partner school.
In the Autumn Term 2015 we will begin the process of applying for Erasmus+ funding, this is the updated British Council programme that replaces Comenius.